Thursday, February 14, 2008

office romance

It's that time of year. The holiday with a spark or the holiday that forces many to drown their sorrows away. A bittersweet holiday, if you will. To be honest, if it weren't for the decorations lining the lobby and the office staff's doors, I would have forgotten the so-called holiday entirely. Am I bitter? I would say no but maybe I am in subconsciously in denial. Depends who's asking! I did enjoy some of those candy hearts with phrases on them with my morning coffee. There have been at least half a dozen deliveries of flowers this morning. Every time we hear an "oooohhhh" or an "ahhhhh", some of my co-workers and myself tally it up to a flower delivery. At the end of the day we will tally up all the silly gifts/cards/flowers etc. and whoever guessed closest wins a six-pack. I bet eleven.

1 comment:

Cap'n Fatback said...

A neat idea for a post, if a little sparse. There was a Valentine's Day episode of the office where Pam, the secretary, had to constantly receive gifts for another co-worker (Phyllis, whose fiancé, Bob Vance, from Vance Refrigeration, really showed his consumer love that year). Needless to say, Pam was ticked at her fiancé Roy. Funny stuff.

Get pictures and links in here!