Sunday, February 24, 2008

it's all about presentation


I have spent the last eight months creating interest and building relationships with potential customers. I have to come to learn that this is no easy task. It requires patience, persistence, creative thinking and hard work.
All of this hard work will pay off this week when I have the opportunity to present to these potential customers. My presentation will include a slideshow using Keynote, which is a presentation software on the Mac. Keynote also allows you to incorporate movies into your presentation. I have put together a 7 minute video on the company which will break up the monotony of just looking at slides throughout the whole presentation. I want them to be impressed! My presentation will include a brief overview of the company, our capabilities/offerings, and the environmental impact of our processes. The last part of the presentation will be an open discussion where I plan to display some of our samples/products and brainstorm on how we can work together. I wish selling were only as easy as it sounds!
My goal is to create the interest and provide a better understanding of what my company can offer these potential customers. After all, no one cares what you can do unless you can help them do their job better. It is my hope to work with these companies in designing, developing and manufacturing new packaging or upgraded packaging for their products. The end result will be a stronger shelf presence - the ability to stand out - and for the company to charge a premium. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Cap'n Fatback said...

Good luck. I imagine anything much longer than 7 minutes would be boring to the audience.