Monday, January 7, 2008

The second week of the New Year has begun and at my job that means I have to develop a marketing strategy for the entire year. Marketing in any industry, revolves around the internet. Therefore, the medium of choice will be the internet. I plan to do away almost entirely with trade publications and advertisements. Why spend the money, when you can get more of a response for relatively no cost. ie the internet and email. Mass emailing is a highly effective tool. Every time you open your mailbox, I am sure there is unsolicited messages. Perhaps, just from purchasing something at a website. In our industry, keeping customers and colleagues up-t0-date is a full-time job. What better way then to send a newsletter featuring good visuals and informative content. That's my plan - my marketing plan.

6 comments:

bigwetdirt said...

This sounds interesting, what exactly do you do? I don’t understand completely, what industry is it that you market?

Cap'n Fatback said...

SSR--

Okay, but remember that blog posts need to at least 250 words in length. Also, beward the sentence fragment in the future.

5/5

Zeek said...

that sounds pretty cool. im not really a marketing person. i don't much about that stuff, but i bet you can make good money doing that. so what do you do? you will probably get more in depth in your next blog. ok looking forward to reading your next post good luck.

Alyssa S. Gartner said...

That does sound like a neat job. I do not really know too much about the internet in general but, I do know there are pros and cons as well as having the ability to purchase things to make our life more convenient we also make it more convenient for theives. The marketing business end of the net could be a very profitable idea for the simple fact that more people are on computers everyday. Good luck! I am looking forward to reading your future blogs.

Money Maker said...

your blog was really hard to read you gave to much info that didnt make sence. but i dont think that people would like to recevie junk emails from your busness, i now that i would get really mad if someone did that to me.

ForwardThought said...

Great idea, we all should have goals. You are right, my communication on the internet has went up to fold and daily I am looking at my e-mail. Good luck on your venture. The only way we can accomplish our goals is to try. Even though they might pan out to what we want, you can say you tried.