Monday, March 10, 2008

response to blogging


If you would have asked me three months ago, what I thought about blogs, I would have just kind of shrugged. I would not have been able to give an accurate, honest response because I had never personally posted a blog or commented on one. I had read a few but I was not an avid reader. After posting weekly for the last nine or so weeks, I have to admit that I have grown quite fond of blogs. My main interests include topics such as sports, new technology/innovations and anything marketing related. I recently was in New York City for a conference and while I was there I lost my digital camera. Now the camera itself is not worth much, but the memory card does contain some pictures that are of sentimental value. The reason I mention this camera is because while trying to get in touch with anyone I came into contact with that could have picked up my camera, I started doing some research on the internet. I read a story on CNN about a woman who found a camera in a taxi and by posting a blog with pictures, was able to track down the rightful owner. So I decided to join CameraFound, a website dedicated to people who have lost or found cameras. I read through some of the posts and there are a lot of success stories so I am hopeful that someone will do the right thing and respond to my post and eventually I will get my long lost photos.

No comments: